Ingredients (per person)
- Couscous (or pearl couscous) 100 grams
- Chickpeas (cooked) 100 grams
- Cucumber 70 grams
- Red bell pepper 80 grams
- Cherry tomatoes 60 grams
- Cashew nuts 20 grams
- Raisins 15 grams
- Extra virgin Finca Duernas Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Low-fat yogurt 30 grams
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Fresh parsley
- Handful of arugula
- Pepper and salt to season
- Large salad bowl
- Small bowl
- Mixing spoons
- Oven tray lined with baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Drain the reserve water from the chickpeas and pat dry with a clean cloth or kitchen towel.
- Spread the chickpeas on the baking tray lined with baking paper, drizzle with some olive oil, salt and pepper
- Puff the chickpeas in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Once done let cool.
- Prepare the couscous according to the instructions on the package. Set aside and let cool
- Chop the cucumber, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes and put in a large salad bowl
- Add the cashew nuts, raisins, olive oil, lemon juice and yogurt to the chopped veggies.
- When the chickpeas and couscous are cooled, add to the veggies and mix well together. Season with some more salt and pepper if needed.
- To finish off, top with fresh parsley and arugula